Monday, January 23, 2012


Choco Cookie Cakes
(my working title)

Recipe from "The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur" by Kelly Peloza

This recipe is a favorite within my friends.
Possibly the softest and most delicious cookie/cake dessert.

A friend of mine makes these for a few occasions over the year.
I've tasted (devoured!) this recipe in cake and cupcake form.

Here I try them for the first time as free form giant cookies!

Ingredients:
(I doubled the recipe!)

1 cup margarine (vegan)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups soy milk
4 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cup choco chips (vegan)

*Preheat oven to 350.

Step 1. 
*Cream together margarine, sugars, and vanilla.

Step 2. 
*Add flour, baking soda, salt, and choco chips

Step 3. 
*Stir until completely combined.

Step 4. 
*Place batter in pan.
*Cake, cupcake, and cookie sheets all work
(Ensure cookie sheets are lined with parchment paper)

I free formed the batter on cookie sheets. About 1/4 cup size  batter balls.
Cookies will rise slightly, not as much as non-vegan cookies.

Step 5.
*Bake!
*Cupcakes take about 15 mins
*Cookie shapes about 13 mins
*Cake form about 20 mins.
*Remove immediately from pan

I just sit by the oven and watch them!
Best when taken out slightly undercooked!
(which is ok! no eggs! woo!)


Step 6.
Eat.
and
Enjoy!

No comments: